Friday, November 7, 2008

Tis the Season--Already?

I woke up to a snowy scene this morning. It had been raining the day before, but it was still a shock to open the blinds to such a view. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Afterall, it is November and the Christmas promotions have already started.

I don't think we got to Halloween this year before the ads starting showing up. I had the tv on last week while I was working on the computer and there were to Christmas ads in a row! Diane said last week the first batch of Christmas cards came through the post office for mailing. She had had requests for Christmas stamps in the beginning of October and finally had to cave in and order some. "Yes, Frankenstein there really is a Santa Claus".

My friend and I went to the Mall of America to get some exercise (Really we did, I didn't buy a single item) and the Christmas directions were up, and "the Santa Experience" was setting up shop. But perhaps with the economy in a recession, stores are in need sales more than ever. And I admit, I have already purchased a seasonal item. It was going to be a gift, but it's so cute I might just have to keep it ;) But that's all I've purchased that was Christmasy this year. Well, that and three ho ho mochas from Caribou Coffee. They're yummy, so that hardly counts.

Humm...maybe those retailers know what they're doing afterall.



W: All the way around all three floors of MOA which is 1 and 3/4 miles 

No comments: