Friday, October 10, 2008

Pride at Parent's Night

I'm not a parent, but Diane is and on Friday night we went to watch her son, the senior play in his last home football game. The team has had its struggles all year and unfortunately wasn't able to get very many wins. OK going into Friday's game they were actually 0-5 (that's no wins for those of you who might not know). But Kyle was out on the field every play giving it his all and trying to keep his teammates up and ready for each play. He didn't give in even when the score was lopsided. Granted he was a team captain and that's part of their responsibilities, but I think his behavior would have been the same even if he wasn't. After last week's game where they lost once again, he came up to us directly from the post-game coach's talk and after he thanked us for coming to the game he turned to his mom and said "I'm sorry we can't win one for you." (About melted my heart--good kid!) Well, this last game was parent's night and guess what? They won one. Kyle had two touchdowns and a point after to go along with his numerous offensive yards and defensive tackles. Oh and did I mention he's also the punter? So OK, I'm not a parent, but he still makes me feel proud. And that's my reality for this Friday!

No comments: