Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Feedback

The house is for sale. It has been for a long time. In fact, we were told we were the "most showed" house in Little Falls last summer. We had alot of showings but nothing more ever came from any of them. The feedback came back positive "cute little place". Guess the key word was "little". The rest of the feedback was stuff we can't change. "Clients were looking for main floor laundry", "clients are really interested in having more than one bathroom", "clients didn't like having so many stairs". Sometimes feedback can be helpful. Sometimes feedback can be hard to hear, in our case, the feedback just confirmed what we already knew. It's an old house with one bathroom, a partial basement that houses the laundry room, and there's stairs you're going to have to climb.

Why am I talking about feedback today? Because I received a call asking if my house could be shown today. We haven't had a showing in over 2 months. The house looked lived in again so I had to spend 4 hours trying to get it picture perfect (I'm a bit of a perfectionist--but that'll have to be another blog). But since we've had it on the market so long and had so many showings I've got chicken-little syndrome. I rush and panic and exert all this time and energy and in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Is this time for real?" I know it's just going to take the right buyer and the right buyer could be the one requesting the next showing, but it's tough keeping that positive attitude and trying to get it just right when it might not, and probably won't matter anyway. Afterall, from the feedback we've gotten, there's not much we can do to change what people don't like about the house.



Exercise: 4 1/2 hours of serious cleaning and the numerous trips up and down the stairs

No comments: