Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Three Seasons of Minnesota

Ok note today's post date: September 10th. I was on my way to the Cities and before I had even made it 10 miles down the road I met 6 snow plows!!!

Now I know we have longer than normal winters here in Minnesota but it was just last week that we had 90 degree weather and now I'm seeing snow plows? Holy Cow! It used to be the old joke that Minnesota only had 3 seasons: winter, spring and road construction. Guess I didn't think Fall's absence was that big of deal until today. Guess in every joke there's a touch of truth. So that's my reality for today. I live in Minnesota, land of crazy seasons!

To prove we do have a Fall I'm including this picture I took yesterday of a tree that has completely changed colors.

Note of contradiction: also take note the all the other leaves are still very much green and the big tree trunk is barren. Guess this photo demonstrates summer, fall and winter all in one shot.


W: around Lake Hariet in the Cities--2.9 miles

No comments: