Monday, September 22, 2008

Incentives

Finished the state park metro region challenge with my friend. She has had two back surgeries and a knee replacement. Having done the challenge before, I knew what to expect on this hike. This challenge was not an easy route for anyone without those contextual variables so I was a little worried for her. But she did just fine. She compelted the challenge and received her medalion.

As often is the case with geocaching, neither of us would probably have come to this park to hike. We love the outdoors and hiking but sometimes just get into old habits of going to our favorite places. For me it's the North Shore for her it's the wildlife refuge. But here we were doing something we enjoy but basically only doing it today because there was a prize involved. And it struck me; why is it that we sometimes need to have an incentive to do actvities we know we'd enjoy anyway?



W: 4 miles

No comments: