Monday, December 1, 2008

Sucker for free stuff


OK I'm home and back to blogging. My last blog here was on Thanksgiving Day. I mentioned that one of my traditions is to go shopping early Friday morning--black Friday. Well, shop I did. I did all right too. I think I have most of the people on my list checked off now. I did score some good bargains, but I'm a sucker for the free stuff.

Free stuff is part of the reason I still get up so early and head out. For the last few years we've been going to this one store that is known for giving out a goodie bag to the first 50 people that go through the door. In the past we've gotten Christmas ornaments, CD's, lotion samples, and fun food treats. This year's bag didn't have any ornaments in it, but did have a first aid kit, lotion samples, a notepad and free food. Gotta love free food!! I love food anyway, but when it's free--I am really happy. And sometimes I don't need or sometimes don't even want it, but because it's free--I have to have it.

Point in case--continental breakfasts. Generally I am not a breakfast eater. But when I'm staying at a hotel that has continental breakfast, I usually make sure I get mine. Why? Because it's free! I also find that I tend to eat more than I would if I was paying for it too. Why? Because it's free! It's crazy, I know. But there's something that mentally reframes my perception when I know it is free. My friend's laugh at me for this silly personality quirk. But whatever! Let em laugh, afterall, I am the first to admit that I am a sucker for free stuff!

Pictured above: Me waiting outside our favorite store on Black Friday. Note the two coffees--my favorite--Ho Ho Mocha. And guess what? They didn't cost us anything!!! Kathy treated us to them--what a nice surprise and a great way to start off the day--thanks Kathy!
Second picture: some of the free stuff we got at our favorite store. This was most, but not all of what we got FREE in our gift bag thanks to the owners for making our Black Friday tradition a fun one!
W: 3.6 miles

No comments: