Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mother-Daughter Bonding

Saturday was a mother-daughter bonding day. We went to St Cloud to do some Christmas shopping. Overall, we were gone about 8 hours. It was the first time in a long time that we had spent that much time together doing something other than working on my mother's geneology project. And let me tell you--this was alot more fun and much less stressful for me.

We used to go shopping together frequently and just haven't for, well various reasons I suppose. But it was kind of fun and we actually got several people checked off our lists. Of course it is sometimes also nice to have a second opinion about gift ideas for family members. Or as was the case for my mom, to get a better idea about what some family members would like for Christmas. I found an article of clothing that I pointed out to her as something that I thought was nice. I told her to watch the paper for upcoming coupons, but I learned that evening that she won't out to the store after getting home from a long day on her feet and not just purchased the item, but had it ordered and shipped from another store. That was very sweet. She had lots of time to look for it or to find something else. But she knew that was something I liked, she she went the extra mile to get it for me.

She's quite the mom and I enjoyed our day together, it was good for the soul and I've kind of taken that for granted lately. So today's reality was that it truly tis the season to remember the important things in life--and it's not a paricular piece of clothing.


Photo note: This picture was taken at the week-long 50th anniversary celebration after a golf "lesson". I know it seems odd to have a picture of us in shorts for a Dec. post, but I forgot to take my camera with me to St. Cloud so this is the photo you get ;)

PS The T-shirt my mom is wearing is from the last play I wrote and directed. Even though it was a few years ago, I still see my mom wearing it. Sweet.

1 comment:

*** said...

Cute picture of you two!