Thursday, April 16, 2009

Twitter History--one in a million

I am writing this blog entry at 1:52 am after staying up to be a part of Twitter History. For the last 3 hours I've been multi-tasking, toggling between twitter, facebook and Ashton Kutcher's live streaming video. As I understand it, Ashton made a comment that he had more followers on Twitter as a single person than the conglomerate CNN. Somehow, this then turned into a challenge which actually was quite close. Although the lead changed when it came down to the wire, Ashton had about a 1,000 person edge that narrowed as the hours turned into minutes--but he pulled it off. And I was there to witness it, as only our modern multi-medium high tech world would have me: IM'ing two people at the same time on facebook, listening/watching his live stream, updating my twitter feed, and googling the history of the CNN/Kutcher Challenge. When it's all said and done, he apparently not only won the race, but became the first person on Twitter to reach a following of 1 million people. And yes, I was one of them--guess that truly does make me one in a million!

No comments: