Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Croci & Hope


The croci are out so I figured I should be too. I turned off my computer, put on a pair of tennis shoes and went for a walk. Even more exciting is that after walking 2.6 miles, I ran the last mile home! Woohoo! I was a little concerned that after being computer-bound all winter and not running that it would take me months to get back to being able to run my 3.6 mile route. But the fact that I completed that mile without feeling like I was dying really gave me hope. But afterall, isn't that kind of what spring is all about? Hope that we'll have warm summer days. Hope that as we have more sunlight each day that our hearts will be lighter and the lazy days of summer will seem longer. And hope that life will seem as rejuvinated as the spring flowers that burst with bright colors from the post-winter ground, just like the bright purple crocus flower that's the first to greet me in the spring. Spring--gotta love it!


HAPPY EARTH DAY!!
W 2.6. R 1. B 3

No comments: